Joseph Sargent was an american director and producer.
Joseph was born on July, 22, 1925 in Jersey City, New Jersey, USA.
He married Mary Carver in 1952. they have two children together. they got divorced in 1968. He then married on Carolyn Nelson on November, 22, 1970. They remained married until his death in 2014.
Joseph died on December, 22, 2014 in Malibu, California, USA from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Jaws: The Revenge (Director and producer)
- Behind the Scenes with 'Jaws: The Revenge' (himself, director)
- His birth name is Giuseppe Daniele Sorgente
- He began to make movies at age 11 when his uncle gave him an 8mm camera
- Acted in several Broadway shows in the 1950's
- He is the father of voice-actress Lia Sargent
- worked during his last decade as the senior filmmaker-in-residence for the directing program at the American Film Institute Conservatory in Los Angeles and as the first professor of a masters program in film directing at Pepperdine University in Malibu.
- Trained at the Actor's Studio in New York
- With his wife Carolyn helped co-found Deaf Theatre West, as well as the Free Arts Clinic For Abused Children
- His father was an ice-wagon driver and his mother was a seamstress.
- Has directed many films and episodes of many TV Shows; He has worked on 86 productions in total.
- Has acted in many Films and TV Shows as well; he has starred in 34 productions in total.
- has produced 12 films
- His other roles include being a actor, writer,a assistant to a producer and a dialogue supervisor.
- Alternate Names are Joe Sargent, Joe Sargant and Joe D. Sargent
- His star sign is Cancer
- He was only interviewed once in his career by Starlog (USA) in August of 1987.
- Won 4 Primetime Emmys
- Won 10 other awards as well
- Was also Nominated 17 times